Thursday, September 4, 2008

Horror Movie Review Preview: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Coming soon, a review of the 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. In San Francisco, a group of people discover the human race is being replaced one by one, with clones devoid of emotion.



Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Get some sleep
Sleep . . . Sleep . . . and be born again into a world without fear and hate!
Watch out! They get you while you're sleeping!
You'll never close your eyes again.
From deep space...
The seed is planted...terror grows.

Starring Donald Sutherland, Brooke Adams, Jeff Goldblum, and Veronica Cartwright, Invasion of the Body Snatchers from 1978 won the Saturn Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films for Best Director and Best Sound, and won the Antennae II Award from the Avoriaz Fantastic Film Festival. It received 7.2 stars (out of 10)on IMDB and 3.5 stars (out of 5) on Netflix.



Feel free to rent or view again the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers and join us early next week to discuss its merits and foibles.

2 comments:

kelloggs said...

Damn you! this was on my list of movies to review, but you obviously beat me to it. I was wondering when our creative paths would collide, lol. I haven't seen it yet, so I'll try and get a hold of it soon for discussion. Crap, I haven't had homework since high school... :)

Bodog said...

Hah! It's ok...You beat me to the original Prom Night.

I'll look forward to your review to see how we compare.