Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Orgy Continues!

Some of you faithful Horror Movie Night Orgiers may have noticed that in November, things got awefully un-Orgyesque. I do apologize for that. During the month of October, I participated in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo.

NaNoWriMo is all about writing a novel mainly for the joy (and, honestly, horror) of trying to write a full length novel. The goal is to write 50,000 words between November 1 to November 30. That's more like a novella, but it's the goal. I was one of 167,150 participants this year. It was my first NaNoWriMo. I was also one of 32,173 winners. It was, of course, my first win. I barely made it.




My novella (as I should rightfully call it right now) is called A Hungry Sea. It's about a group of teens going on a post-graduation celebratory vacation to Bermuda. They find themselves adrift in the Devil's Triangle (or Bermuda Triangle if you prefer) and start going crazy.



It's not the first time I've written, having taken a writing class in college, but the professor didn't want horror, sci-fi, fantasy stuff, so this is the first time I've written horror. It still needs a lot of work, which I'll tend to before next year's NaNoWriMo.

But that also means the Orgy is back on. Our next Review Preview will be up shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

No comments: