Sunday, January 24, 2010

Horror Movie Night Orgy Goes to the Dogs

In November, I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and wrote my first horror novel, hell, first any kind of novel, A Hungry Sea. Jazzed by the experience I looked to see what other writing challenges existed and discovered Script Frenzy.

Script Frenzy's challenge is to write a 100 page script between April 1 to April 30. Well, I don't know dick about writing a script, but I know me some movies, so because I don't have enough sense to buy penny candy, I've decided come April I'll dive in to Script Frenzy.

What's that got to do with Horror Movie Night Orgy? Well, other than the possibility of another month of few to no movie reviews, until then I'm going to focus my reviews on the type of movie I want to write. So, if for the next several reviews you notice an onslaught of werewolf movies, that's why. I want to write a script for a werewolf movie, so I turn to werewolf movies for inspiration. I'll being seeing what's been done in the past to see what's expected in a werewolf movie and what's...unexpected...to try and give my script something special.

Mr first werewolf review will be Dog Soldiers. A routine military exercise turns into a nightmare in the Scotland wilderness.



Starring Kevin McKidd, Sean Pertwee, Emma Cleasby, and Liam Cunningham, Dog Soldiers won the Gold Raven and Pegasus Audience awards at the Brussels International Festival of Fantasy Film in 2002, the Grand Prize of European Fantasy Film in Silver at the 2002 Luxembourg International Film Festival, and the Saturn Award for Best DVD Release in 2003 from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Films.


Join us soon to see if Dog Soldiers...is a good boy.

No comments: